Sonntag, 27. November 2011

so where is it ?

just finished the little Tulu !
pictures don´t show much of the shading work i did here, really need to get a real Camera :)

Freitag, 11. November 2011

Update and preview

The base for "la pelle de `Tulu" is nearly done, messed up with the static grass ... had better luck painting it the last time i did.
Need to replace that later, just ordered some mini natur stuff.

Sorry for the picture quality, all made with an iphone 4 :)
Hope to own a new Cam soon....

just found a tutorial on how to make quick flowers :)
cut some very thin copper wire dipped it into green paint (right into the drippers)
let it dry a few seconds, then dipped it into white glue, and finaly into some different pigments... et voila ... flowers ! 

and a little preview on a next project.
The Girl in front is Dana Murphy from the CAV series from Reaper if i remember correctly.
The Thing behind her is a scratch build leg of a Mech (made one out of foam for scale purposes), some more scenery to come :)

Sonntag, 6. November 2011

Primetime !

ok, everything was cured this morning.
I then checked if i cleaned up the Mini correctly... and took it outside to prime it with Citadel Chaos Black first,  then a Skull White coat to reflect lighting from above to make it easier when it comes to highlighting and shading.
To see what i mean, here is a very nice tutorial for this priming steps from Roman over at Massive Voodoo :)

after a few seconds of spraying i was satisfied with the outcome from the white layer

just started to block some of the main colors in on the base, i later will add some dry pigments and other things :)

Samstag, 5. November 2011

first new Project

ok, back to cutting, base making, priming, painting again... going to be a "smooth" one

always wanted to paint up this little cute demon, also known as Cthulhu :)

first thing i did, was to cut off and file down his remaining sprue part, i wanted him to stay flat on its base, also gave him a small pin to attach it to a holding device as you can see :)

Next step was to cut out some material of the wooden base, nearly scratched my hand trying it with my hobbyknife... needed some heavier tools... got my Saw out !!!
dunno what wood this is, realy had to use the tough one... ;(
But its heavy and looks very nice !

after half an hour or so, some Milliput, Magic Sculp, some remaining wood dust and fine sand was used to give the Base some more scenic effects :)
letting this cure now over night...


my new work desk is done !
moved recently, and finally all things are back together again :)

some old stuff

some of my old works... soon to come more

Freitag, 4. November 2011

Welcome !

... to Smooth & Bold Miniatures !

first real post to be soon :)